Interim Court Administrator:
Harold R. Banke Justice Center
9151 Tara Blvd Suite 3CA01
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3415
Fax: (770) 478-2381
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:45 pm
Permanent Process Servers
State and Superior Court Permanent Process Servers
Permanent Process Servers are appointed on an annual basis. In order to be considered for appointment, petitioners must meet specific requirements for consideration. To become a Permanent Process Server for State and Superior Courts, the requesting party must submit a petition for appointment which attests that he or she meets all of the established requirements. Petitioners must also sign and return an official application for review and consideration by the Permanent Process Server Review Panel. In addition, all petitioners MUST submit a copy of a recent criminal history check for review (dated no more than three months prior to the application ).
The deadline for consideration for 2024 is November 30, 2023.
Appointment review will begin each year on the first business day of October and end the last business day of November. Request for appointment must be received on or before the last business day of November for consideration and review for the following year.
(Example: Information must be submitted by November 30, 2017 to be considered for appointment for 2018).
Requirements for Appointment
- Must submit an application for review or renewal
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must submit a recent criminal background check (dated no more than three months prior to the application)
- Must not have committed any domestic, serious misdemeanors or felony criminal offenses, and no more than two (2) DUI
- Must attest that he/she does not suffer from any debilitating mental or legal disability that would impede appointment. (Notarized Affidavit)
- Endorser must be of good character and/or in good standing with the Georgia Bar (Bar number required).
- Copy of completion of 12-hour training course; Copy of State Certification: (If renewing application, certificate should have been received back in June 2013)
- Must be registered with the Georgia Sheriff’s Association.
- Applications with changed or adjusted verbiage and/or format to the online application will not be accepted.
Once the information is reviewed and a decision regarding appointment has been made, a letter will be forwarded to the petitioner’s attention confirming his or her status as a Permanent Process Server. The designated appointment status will remain effective through December of the official year of appointment.
Applications and other original documentation can be hand delivered or mailed to:
Attention: Permanent Process Server Review Panel
9151 Tara Boulevard, Suite 3CA01
Jonesboro, Georgia 30236
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Court Administration at (770) 477-3414.