Watch the 2023 State of the County
The Internal Audit Department strives for effective and efficient governance by providing an unbiased and objective review of County operations. The Internal Audit Department supports the Board of Commissioners by providing independent oversight in the form of financial and operational audits, audit reviews, investigations, quality assurance and advisory services.
The Internal Audit Department is committed to working with departments countywide to improve the effectiveness of policies, procedures, and internal controls that safeguard the assets and data of Clayton County. We will provide an independent and objective assurance that county departments are operating with the efficiency and effectiveness that the taxpayers deserve.
- Objectively assess county departmental policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and employee accountability.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of departmental internal controls.
- Recommend control and performance improvements for departmental operations.
- Provide departments with key controls to safeguard County assets.
- Perform Quality Assurance assessment and monitoring for project implementations.