P.K. Dixon Building
121 South McDonough St.
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3569
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Close at 4:30 p.m.
Lexi Morgan - Permits and License Division Manager
Main Line: (770) 473-5421
Office: (770) 477-3574
The Business License section issues Business Licenses to home and commercial based businesses; issues Alcohol Licenses; collects alcohol taxes; collects hotel/motel taxes from businesses; conducts business license inspections; issues citation to business owners for operating without a license and attend court for code violation hearings; coordinates with county agencies especially the police department to insure businesses are being operated legally.
The Community Development Department has recently contracted with a company called Avenu Insights, formerly known as Revenue Discovery Systems (RDS), for the discovery of unlicensed businesses and recovery of uncharged license fees due via an auditing process.
Avenu Insights is:
- An authorized third party contractor for Clayton County.
- Assisting Community Development Department with the discovery of unlicensed businesses and the auditing of certain existing businesses.
- Sending correspondence to business owners around the County to address discovery and recovery.
- On-line and can answer questions about the service they are providing:
- Online: www.avenuinsights.com
- Phone: 1-855-219-4336 (Toll free)
- Business License Application Overview
- Alcohol License Application Overview
- Business License Contact Update Form
- Forms and Applications
- Commercial Business Use Verification
- Online Services