P.K. Dixon Building
121 South McDonough St.
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3569
Monday – Friday:
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Beginning May 13, 2020, our New Customer Service Hours are 9 AM – 3 PM, Monday through Friday.
License Review Board Hearing
May 21, 2020, 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Please register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Vacant - Permits and License Division Manager
Main Line: (770) 477-3569
The Business License section issues Business Licenses to home and commercial based businesses; issues Alcohol Licenses; collects alcohol taxes; collects hotel/motel taxes from businesses; conducts business license inspections; issues citation to business owners for operating without a license and attend court for code violation hearings; coordinates with county agencies especially the police department to insure businesses are being operated legally.
The Community Development Department has recently contracted with a company called Avenu Insights, formerly known as Revenue Discovery Systems (RDS), for the discovery of unlicensed businesses and recovery of uncharged license fees due via an auditing process.
Avenu Insights is:
- An authorized third party contractor for Clayton County.
- Assisting Community Development Department with the discovery of unlicensed businesses and the auditing of certain existing businesses.
- Sending correspondence to business owners around the County to address discovery and recovery.
- On-line and can answer questions about the service they are providing:
- Online: www.avenuinsights.com
- Phone: 1-855-219-4336 (Toll free)