Jeffrey E. Turner
Clayton County Administration
112 Smith Street, Annex 1
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3208
Fax: (770) 477-3217
Assistant to Chairman:
Phone: (770) 472-8122
Clayton County Government maintains an A+ rating from Ballotpedia for the openness, accountability, and transparency displayed throughout the website. Based on a transparency checklist, created by Ballotpedia, we display information to the public and remain open and transparent.
Ballotpedia was originally formed by the Citizens in Charge Foundation on May 30, 2007. In March of 2008, the Sam Adams Alliance became Ballotpedia's sponsor, continuing their mission of using online media to promote access to government. On July 1, 2009, the Lucy Burns Institute (LBI) became Ballotpedia's official sponsor. LBI is a nonprofit 501c3 organization that helps keep things running with a small editorial staff and enough server power to meet the demands of our traffic.
- Budget and Financial Reports - Current Budget and Budgets from Previous Years
- Commissioners' Board Meetings Minutes - Printable Copies of Board Meeting Agenda Minutes and Post Summary Minutes
- County Commissioners' Contact Information
- Building Permits and Zoning Information - Applications available for Download
- Contract Bids and Proposals - Searchable Database of Clayton County Bids and Proposals, including the results of each Bid
- Lobbying - Information on Taxpayer-Funded Lobbying Associations. Member of:
- Association County Commissioners of Georgia FY2012 Dues paid $13,189.
- National Association of Counties
- Open Records Request Form
- Tax Information
- Tax Assessor - Responsible for the preparation of the annual real and personal property tax digest in compliance with the taxation laws of the state. In order to meet State Mandated Digest Requirements, the Tax Assessors Office must review annually all property.
- Tax Commissioner - Responsible for automobile tag registration, tax exemptions, and questions concerning your tax bill.