11420 S.L.R. Boulevard
Lovejoy, GA 30250
Phone: (770) 473-5777
Fax: (770) 473-5783
Phone: (770) 477-3548
Visitation of Inmates
Visitation is a privilege and that privilege can be denied, suspended and/or revoked. Visitors violating the visitation rules may be refused admittance, asked to leave the premises, removed and arrested, if appropriate. The names of visitors who violate visitation rules may be removed from the approved visitation list for a specified time or permanently.
Normal visiting hours are:
Saturday, 9:00 AM. To 1:00 PM
Sunday, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
County Holidays, 9: 00 AM to 1:00 PM
Inmates will complete a visitation list during the Orientation interview. The inmate’s counselor will review the list to verify names and relationships with information on file. Documentation such as a birth certificate may be required.
The number of visitors on a list is limited to 12. Members of your immediate family (parents, brothers, sisters, spouse, grandparents, children and step-children, sister’s husband, brother’s wife) upon request and after verification, will be placed on the inmate’s approved visitation list. Inmates with large families will be considered on an individual basis. Uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces and in-laws are not considered to be immediate family, but may be put on the list with the submission of a significant other form.
Inmates may be allowed visitation up to four hours (each day), if overcrowding doesn’t exist and conditions permit. Once maximum capacity is reached in the visitation area, no additional visitors will be allowed. Those who were first to arrive will be asked to leave after a minimum of one hour.
Visitors arriving at the facility between 10:15 AM. and 11:00 AM will not be allowed to enter until after 11:00 AM.
All visitors, age 16) and over, are required to present a valid picture ID card each time they visit. Persons who cannot present a picture ID card or who are suspected of using a falsified ID will not be allowed to visit.
Visitors are required to wear appropriate attire. Provocative, suggestive/revealing or otherwise inappropriate dress cannot be worn to visitation.
• All visitors are subject to a search of their person and personal effects when entering the visitation area. Visitors who refuse to be searched will not be admitted. Each visitor will be allowed to bring in only those items acceptable to the prison: no more than the combination of $20.00 in $1.00 bills, or coins for the vending machines. Personal items such as handbags, diaper bags, etc., must be secured in the visitor’s vehicle or a locker in the lobby.
• Detection or suspicion of drunkenness or the mere drinking of alcoholic beverages prior to visiting will result in denial or termination of visitation. The introduction of alcoholic beverages will not be allowed. Alcohol is also prohibited within vehicles in the parking lot.
• No food or drinks of any kind will be allowed to be brought into the prison by visitors. Visitors may purchase food and drink items sold out of the prison’s vending machines.
NOTE: INMATES ARE PROHIBITED FROM PURCHASING ITEMS FROM THE MACHINES IN THE VISITATION AREA. INMATES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CARRY ANYTHING FROM THE VISITATION AREA TO THEIR LIVING UNIT.
• Inmates and their visitor(s) will take a seat and will not be permitted to visit with other inmates or visitors. Minors must be kept under the immediate control and jurisdiction of the adult who brought them to the prison. Visitors, including minors, must remain seated as much as possible.
• Inmates will not be allowed to carry anything on their person or in their clothing into the Visitation Room.
• When and where necessary, a mother may be allowed to breast feed an infant, but she must cover the feeding with appropriate clothing that allows the infant to breathe and her breast not be visible by anyone but the infant. Inmates will take nothing into the Visitation Room except for their identification card. All jewelry will remain in his drawer in the living unit, with the exception of a wedding band and a religious medallion.
• Once the visit begins, visitors and/or inmates may not leave the visiting area unless they desire to terminate the visit. The exception is for inmates who need to use the restroom. They will be escorted to the staff restroom by an officer.
• The possession or use of narcotics or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited. The finding or detection of narcotics will be grounds to disapprove and/or terminate any on-going visit without warning. Violators are also subject to arrest.
• Any behavior which may be considered immoral, indecent, illegal or that may offend or embarrass any other visitor is NOT allowed. Personal contact, such as embracing or kissing, is permitted only at the beginning and conclusion of the visit. Excessive contact, such as frequent or prolonged embracing, kissing or other inappropriate behavior is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate termination of the visit, removal of the visitor from the approved visitation list, or some appropriate disciplinary action to the inmate.
• Any violation of these regulations may result in immediate termination of the visit. Inmates are responsible for advising visitors of all current visitation policies, which are also posted in a binder in the Visitation Room.
NOTE: CHILDREN AND/OR PETS WILL NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED IN VEHICLES PARKED IN THE PARKING LOT AND ON COUNTY PROPERTY FOR ANY REASON.
Drivers who violate this rule will be asked to leave the visitation room and could be arrested.