7960 North McDonough Street
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3674
Fax: (770) 473-3990
Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP)
In 2018, the Clayton County Department of Transportation and Development updated its Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP). Clayton County’s 2008 CTP, Connecting Clayton, served as the basis for this effort.
The CTP Update serves as a roadmap for how Clayton County would like to see its transportation networks develop to serve their current and future needs. The plan considers:
- Roadways and bridges
- Bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Freight facilities and movement
- Transit and connections to transit stops
- Impacts from the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (HJAIA)
2018 Clayton County Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP) (pdf) (24MB)
CTP Update Process
The CTP Update included the following steps:
- Inventory existing transportation conditions in Clayton County.
- Assess the existing and future transportation needs of the County’s residents.
- Recommend projects to address identified needs.
- Prioritize projects based on study goals, transportation needs and public input.
- Draft short-, medium-, and long-term project programs based on available and potential funding.