Jonesboro Historical Courthouse, Ground Floor
121 South McDonough St.
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3242
Fax: (770) 472-8096
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
…of the Clayton County Youth Commission is to strive for
Success with excellent,
Work ethics and
Community with distinguished
Applications for the Youth Commission are accepted between March 1st and March 31st every year. An online application will be available here during that time.
How to Join the Youth Commission?
In order to be considered for the Youth Commission,
applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Clayton County
- Be a rising 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grader in public, private, charter, or home school
- Be willing to commit to at least 1-year term of service
- Be willing to serve on appointed County boards and committees
- Be willing to attend ALL meetings of such boards and committees
- Be willing to participate in Clayton County Board of Commissioners and Youth Commission sponsored service projects, programs and special events.
- Submit a completed application