- This event has passed.
News Release: Clayton to Host One-Stop Event for Emergency Rental Assistance
December 7, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until December 8, 2022
For Immediate Release
December 2, 2022
Clayton to Host One-Stop Event for Emergency Rental Assistance
(Clayton County, GA)-The Clayton County Board of Commissioners host a three-day, one stop Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) event to help prevent evictions, December 5, 2022, from 12 – 6 PM and December 6 – 7, 2022, from 10 AM – 6 PM, at the Morrow Center, 1180 Southlake Circle, Suite 100, Morrow, GA 30260. The goal is to expedite the distribution of $6.5 million reallocated in ERAP 2 funds by the end of December 2022. The funding is available to eligible Clayton County residents affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) three-day, one-stop event, which accommodates residents and landlords who need rental and utility assistance, expedites the pre-qualification process, offers assistance to complete an application, and assists applicants with scanning and uploading the required documents onsite.
Don’t wait! Access https://relief.claytoncountyga.gov to pre-register for the ERAP event. Residents who have reliable Internet connectivity, and access to a scanner to upload documents online should do so prior to arrival at the event to reduce wait times. Staff representatives from Clayton County Community Service Authority, Project Real Life, and Melanated Pearl Corporation will also assist residents with applications, scanning, and uploading documents onsite.
Required documents for renters:
- Valid Photo ID for applicant
- Contact information including email address and phone number)
- Proof of income: Acceptable documents include paycheck stubs, 2020 taxes, W-2, or signed declaration
- Copy of lease agreement or written attestation from a verifiable landlord or
- Eviction notice, late notice, or dispossessory (if applicable)
- Past due water/sewer/gas/electric or Internet utility notice(s)
- Documentation of unemployment or loss of income since March 2020
- Documentation of any previous rental assistance received since March 13, 2020
- Other documentation of any previous rental assistance received since March 13, 2020
Landlords are not required to attend the event, however, cooperation and required documents from the landlord is needed to process the application.
Landlords must provide:
- Valid W-9 for payments to the owner of the rental property
- Must confirm that any late or rental arrears submitted for consideration are for Clayton County properties only
- Must provide a rent ledger & lease agreement
- Must provide Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax ID number for the landlord or rental property owner/company
- Must confirm whether or not a tenant receives a rental subsidy and the subsidy amount
- Must provide contact information including email and phone number
For more information about the ERAP event, call 770.347.0212 or 855.252.9249.