Master Sergeant Retired Vickie Jennings
Vickie Jennings is a native of Griffin, Georgia. She is the youngest of three siblings and the first (only) of her family members to join the Armed Forces. She lives a life dedicated to God and to help provide care for underserved communities and populations. Vickie is a graduate of The Class of 1981, at Griffin High School, Griffin, Georgia. Her military career allowed her to travel around the globe and earn two college degrees. Vickie returned to her home state of Georgia in 2014. She enjoys spending time with family and striving daily to make a positive difference in someone’s life.
Vickie proudly served her country for 20 years and honorably retired from the United States Army in 2002 after achieving the rank of Master Sergeant. Her MOS’s were 64C (Motor Transport Operator) and 92Y (Unit Supply Technician). She served at duty stations in Ansbach and Kaiserslautern, Germany; Camp Casey and Camp Coiner, Korea; Kabul Afghanistan; Fort Jackson, South Carolina; Fort Lee, Virginia; Fort Sill, Oklahoma; Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri; and Fort Hood, Texas. She has received numerous military honors and awards. Those most notable are Army Commendation Medal (5) oak leaf clusters, Army Achievement Medal (5) oak leaf clusters, Army Conduct Medal (7) Award, Drill Sergeant Badge, Meritorious Service Medal (2) oak leaf clusters, National Defense Service Medal, NCO Professional Development Ribbon (#3) and Army Service Medal, Overseas Ribbon (#4).
Master Sergeant (Retired) Jennings has made her home in the city of Morrow, Georgia where she continues to serve those around her via numerous organizations. Her service and memberships include:
- Member of the Georgia Federation of Women’s Club Georgia – Morrow Civic Woman’s Club,Health and Wellness, Chairperson
- Member of The National Association of Black Military Women Metro Atlanta Chapter, Morrow, Georgia, Assisted Living Care Committee
- Member of Christian Life Center Worldwide (Rex, Georgia) Greeters Ministry, Auxiliary Board Member of Older Adults Sharing in Service, Member of Women of Ordained Purpose
- Lifetime Member of Delmar Barbour VFW Post 5080 (Morrow, Georgia) and Service Officer-in-training
- Volunteer with The City of Morrow, Georgia, Good Shepherd Clinic, Community Emergency Response Team, Graduate, Police Department Citizens Police Academy XIV, Graduate
- Member of Neighbors Helping Neighbors (Pathway Partners), Neighborhood Watch Block Captain, Brookwood Estates
- Assistant Events Coordinator, Morrow Middle School Partner in Education
- Morrow Tourist Center, Assistant Event Coordinator
- Member of Sonna Singleton Gregory Senior, Clayton County
- Member of American Cancer Society, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Fundraiser Coordinator (Grand Club)
- American Red Cross Lifetime Blood Donor
- Member of Clayton County Alzheimer’s Service Center, Advisory Board
- Graduate of Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregivers, Georgia Southwestern State University, Americus, Georgia
Additional accomplishments include earning a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies from Excelsior College, New York, 2004; Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies from Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, Arizona, 2013; Certificate of Completion from Sonship School of the Firstborn, Christian House of Prayer, Killeen, Texas, 2009. Vickie is also the owner of InDaBag Gift Store, LLC a business specializing in creative design gift baskets, and AVON Company, Independent Sales Representative, Zanesville, Ohio, 2013.
Over the years, Vickie Jennings has been recognized for her participation in a myriad of events and activities. The accolades she holds are not what matter most to her. She contends that most important are the outcomes of connecting people with resources they are unaware are available to them. “I do what I do because I am just a community servant,” she says humbly.