7960 North McDonough Street
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3674
Fax: (770) 473-3990
In an effort to deter prohibited parking in accordance with the Clayton County Code of Ordinances, The Board of Commissioner’s approved a Restrictive Parking Program during their Regular Business Meeting of February 10, 2016 via Resolution No. 2016-17. This program addresses the dangers and negative aesthetic impact of improperly parked vehicles on the rights-of-ways of roads, streets, thoroughfares, and other avenues of travel in the unincorporated areas of Clayton County. The process consists of submitting a petition requesting the placement of parking related signage. The petition process shall require a minimum of a ½ mile segment of street frontage or a full street, if the street is less than a ½ mile in length. Also, the Program requires 75% of the property owners in the impacted area sign the petition, and shall prohibit all parking on streets within the impacted area.
Citizen Inquiry for No Parking Restrictions. Citizens may complete an Online Request Form or contact the Clayton County Transportation and Development office at 770-477-3674 requesting a Petition.
- Citizen provides contact information, with the street, area or subdivision in which No Parking restrictions are desired to begin the petition process.
Clayton County staff begins the petition process including:
- Field Investigation of requested area.
- Creates a map indicating the requested area containing property limits.
- Designs sign layout identifying actual sign placement location within the requested area.
- Determines sign quantity and associated cost.
- Defines number of property owners necessary to meet 75% approval certification.
- Creates No Parking Restriction Petition.
County provides the Petition package to requesting citizen for processing of property owner signatures.
Citizen returns the completed petition to Clayton County Transportation and Development for property owner certification. If 75% or more verified property owners have signed the petition, proceed to Step 5. If less than 75% of verified property owners have signed the petition, modifications to the desired area can be considered, however the process starts over with Step 2.
Clayton County staff will advise citizen upon meeting the petition requirements to submit payment for sign fabrication and installation.
After all payments are received and certified, Clayton County will begin fabrication and installation of No Parking signage per the sign placement design. This process typically takes approximately two weeks.