Jonesboro Historical Courthouse, Main Floor
121 South McDonough Street
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3372
Fax: (770) 477-4521
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Absentee Voting by Mail
In addition to the forty-five (45) days of absentee voting by mail with or without a reason, voters can vote in person twenty-one (21) days before an election with no reason. For additional information regarding in-person advance voting, click on advance voting. Remember, there is no voting the Monday before the election. All absentee and advance voting ends the Friday before the election.
Absentee voting will end the Friday before the election. There will no longer be absentee voting the Monday before Elections.
A registered voter is allowed to vote by absentee ballot if:
- You will be absent from your precinct from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm on election day
- You are 65 years of age or older
- You have a physical disability which prevents you from voting in person or you are a constant caregiver of a person with a disability
- You are an election official
- You are observing a religious holiday which prevents you from voting in person
- You are required to remain on duty in your precinct for the protection of the life, health, or safety of the public
- An elector may cast an absentee ballot in person at the Board of Elections and Registration office during the period of Monday through Friday of the week immediately preceding the date of the primary, election or run-off primary or election without having to provide a reason
If you do not meet any of the requirements to vote absentee, why not take advantage of Advance Voting?
An absentee ballot application is required for each election cycle (An election cycle consists of the Primary, Primary Runoff, General Election and General Election Runoff). Voters who are 65 years of age or older, physically disabled, or military personnel may submit one application for each election cycle. A separate application is required for all Special Elections and the Presidential Preference Primary.
An absentee ballot application may be requested 180 days prior to an election. Absentee voting begins 45 days before an election.