Clerk of Court:
Jacquline D. Wills
Harold R. Banke Justice Center
9151 Tara Boulevard
Jonesboro, GA 30236-4912
Phone: (770) 477-3395
Temporary Protective Orders
Contact the Securus House at (770) 961-7233. They are Legal Advocates for Victims of Domestic Violence. It is recommended that you contact a Legal Advocate to ensure that you are in the RIGHT place and meet the eligibility requirements.
Legal Advocates can assist you in filling out the forms properly,answering any questions concerning the TPO or court proceedings, and taking pictures of the physical abuse. A legal advocate will accompany you to court, explain the proceedings and provide emotional support. Legal Advocates can also assist with referrals for Legal Aid, counseling, attorney, support group, food, etc.
Legal Advocates are not attorneys but are here to help.
You may apply for a TPO in the Magistrate Court office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Monday – Friday (excluding county recognized holidays). Click here to download the Temporary Protective Order form.
Helpful Resource Numbers
- Association on Battered Women of Clayton County – (770) 961-7233
- Clayton County Sheriff’s Department – (770) 473-5828
- Clayton County Police Department Emergency – 911
- Non-Emergency – (770) 477-3747
- Clayton County Legal Aid – (404) 669-0233
- Clayton County Magistrate Court – (770) 477-3443
- Clayton County Child and Adult Protective Services – (770) 603-4602
- Clayton County Department of Family and Children Services – (770) 473-2300
- Child Support Recovery – (770) 473-2471
- United Way – 211