Site Development Application Submittal
Site development application submittals shall be required for all development in which a Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Permit, Grading Permit, and/or Building Permit is required.
The following types of development are exempt from submitting a site development application, but shall be required to obtain a Building Permit from the Department of Community Development:
- The replacement or installation of any sign, or signs not occurring as part of an improvement to any other aspect of the property;
- The expansion of an existing parking lot which does not result in a greater than 20% increase in the surface area of the parking previously available on the property;
- The expansion of an existing structure or the construction of an accessory structure which does not result in a greater than 10% increase in the floor area of the structures that were previously existing on the property or require the provision of additional landscaping, parking, or other improvement regulated by the Zoning Ordinance.
If the applicant is dividing a lot, tract, or parcel of land into two or more lots they will complete a Minor Subdivision or a Preliminary Plat application.
Site Development Review Process
- The Site Development application package can be found on the Office of Planning, Zoning, and Sustainability website. The completed application and all supporting documentation will be turned into the Zoning Counter for processing. The list of requirements can be found in Appendix A, Article 11 of the Zoning Ordinance.
- The Technical Review Committee will review the application and either approve, deny, table, or forward the application to the Zoning Advisory Group.
- At a scheduled public hearing, the Zoning Advisory Group may approve, approve with modifications, deny or table the Site Development Plan application.
- If approved, the applicant shall file an application for Construction Plan approval with the Department of Transportation and Development.
Each Zoning District’s permitted uses, conditional uses, and district development standards can be found in Appendix A, Article 3 of the Zoning Ordinance.
Architecture and appearance standards for all districts can be found in Appendix A, Article 6 of the Zoning Ordinance.
Note: All exterior finish materials shall be approved by the Zoning Administrator as part of the required PlanBook submittal. Structures utilizing a single exterior finish material of brick, stone, or stucco shall be permitted with approval from the Zoning Administrator.