The board shall conduct hearings and render decisions solely on appeals by persons employed in the several departments and offices included in the civil service system who claim to have been improperly suspended, demoted, or dismissed; conduct informal grievance hearings and render advisory opinions and recommendations on any matter properly brought before the board and authorized to make nonbinding recommendations relating to amendments, additions, and deletions to civil service system rules and regulations from time to time.
Terms3 year terms
Number of Seats5
- Larry A. Bartlett (Post 1) (Appointed by Employees)
- Kim Terrance Smith (Post 2) (Appointed by Employees)
- Troyce B. Lancaster (Post 3) (Appointed by Elected Officials)
- Virginia Phillips-Hall (Post 4) (Appointed by Commissioners)
- Dr. Cephus Jackson (Post 5) (Appointed by Commissioners)