Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Revised May 22, 2017
The Clayton County Board of Commissioners will be hosting a series of public meetings throughout the county. The purpose of these meetings are to discuss the potential for mandated residential curbside trash collection contracted through the county. The program will be designed to make residential trash collection mandatory but will offer an expanded residential trash collection service package; such as recycling, bulk items and yard debris. The mandatory service will be collected via the property tax bill.
The Public Meetings will: Introduce the project to the citizens and stakeholders, provide all participants an opportunity to voice their concerns, opinions and ideas and disseminate project details throughout the community.
Please see the schedule below:
- May 22, 2017 – 6:30 pm – Clayton County Board of Commissioners – 112 Smith Street, Jonesboro, GA 30236 | Hosted by Commissioner Michael Edmondson
- May 24, 2017 – 6:30 pm – Clayton County Police Headquarters (Community Room) 7911 N. McDonough Street, Jonesboro, GA 30236 | Hosted by Commissioner Michael Edmondson
- May 31, 2017 – 6:30 pm – Truett Cathy Professional Learning Center – 1087 Battle Creek Road, Jonesboro, GA 30236 | Hosted by Chairman Jeffrey E. Turner
- June 8, 2017 – 6:30 pm – Jim Huie Recreation Center – 9045 Tara Boulevard, Jonesboro, GA 30236 | Hosted by Chairman Jeffrey E. Turner
- June 12, 2017 – 6:00 pm – Fountain of Life Christian Church – 3372 Anvil Block Road, Ellenwood, GA 30294 | Hosted by Commissioner Sonna Gregory
- June 15, 2017 – 6:00 pm – Carl Rhodenizer Recreation Center – 3499 Rex Road, Rex, GA 30273 | Hosted by Commissioner Sonna Gregory
- June 22, 2017 – 7:00 pm – Virginia Gray Recreation Center – 1475 East Fayetteville Road, Riverdale, GA 30296 | Hosted by Commissioner Gail Hambrick
- July 13, 2017 – 7:00 pm – Forest Park Library – 4812 West Street, Forest Park, GA 30297 | Hosted by Commissioner Gail Hambrick
All meetings are open to the public and citizens are encouraged to attend. For additional questions, contact (770) 477-3208.
Download the Full Meeting Schedule
Residential Refuse Collection Public Meeting