Clayton County Landfill
11678 Hastings Bridge Road, Lovejoy, GA
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CLOSED on SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS
The Landfill will be CLOSED on the 2nd and 4th Saturday’s
Beginning with October 8, 2016 and Ending with March 25, 2017
EFFECTIVE JULY 18, 2016
The Landfill provides services for:
Clayton County Residents and Business Owners ONLY
No out of County Customers Accepted
All Landfill Rates are $75.00 per ton with a $40 minimum for the 1st 1,000 lbs
This Scale Rate Includes All Trailers
The rate for all light weight pick-up trucks and cars without trailers is $40 per load
Proof of County Resident: Current Driver's License
Proof of County Business Owner: Current Business License
The Landfill accepts:
- Tires in limited quantities on or off the rim. Tires up to 16" are $2.00 each in addition to the dumping fee. Larger tires on or off rim are required to pay a higher fee according to the size.
- Paint Cans if they are empty or the paint is dried up. No paint can be accepted in liquid form.
- All household waste, household furnishings, appliances and commercial waste
- All yard waste including stumps and tree limbs, leaves do not have to be bagged
As a subtitle D Landfill we are not allowed to accept the following:
- Asbestos materials
- Any types of batteries
- Hazardous materials or liquids
All trash will need to be separated when you arrive. County inmates are usually on-site to assist you , if needed.
Recycling Drop Off Center
Clayton County Recycling Drop Off Center
1430 Highway 138 Spur, Jonesboro, GA
Hours of Operation
Monday - Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
CLOSED SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS
We have wood chips that are available at no charge, however you must load your own.
The Recycling Center ACCEPTS the following:
- Glass - Clear, brown and green ONLY
- Plastic (#1 - example clear water bottles and #2 - example colored milk jugs)
- Aluminum Cans - No steel cans
- Phone Books
The Recycling Center CANNOT accept the following:
- Household Trash
- Egg Cartons
- Light Bulbs
- Window Glass
- Drinking Glass
- Heat Resistant Ovenware
- Plastic Bags or
- Paper Bags