Clayton County Landfill
11678 Hastings Bridge Road, Lovejoy, GA
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CLOSED on SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS
EFFECTIVE JULY 18, 2016
The Landfill provides services for:
Clayton County Residents and Business Owners ONLY
No out of County Customers Accepted
All Landfill Rates are $75.00 per ton with a $40 minimum for the 1st 1,000 lbs
This Scale Rate Includes All Trailers
The rate for all light weight pick-up trucks and cars without trailers is $40 per load
Proof of County Resident: Current Driver's License
Proof of County Business Owner: Current Business License
The Landfill accepts:
- Tires in limited quantities on or off the rim. Tires up to 16" are $2.00 each in addition to the dumping fee. Larger tires on or off rim are required to pay a higher fee according to the size.
- Paint Cans if they are empty or the paint is dried up. No paint can be accepted in liquid form.
- All household waste, household furnishings, appliances and commercial waste
- All yard waste including stumps and tree limbs, leaves do not have to be bagged
As a subtitle D Landfill we are not allowed to accept the following:
- Asbestos materials
- Any types of batteries
- Hazardous materials or liquids
All trash will need to be separated when you arrive. County inmates are usually on-site to assist you , if needed.
Recycling Drop Off Center
Clayton County Recycling Drop Off Center
1430 Highway 138 Spur, Jonesboro, GA
Hours of Operation
Monday - Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
CLOSED SUNDAYS and HOLIDAYS
We have wood chips that are available at no charge, however you must load your own.
The Recycling Center ACCEPTS the following:
- Glass - Clear, brown and green ONLY
- Plastic (#1 - example clear water bottles and #2 - example colored milk jugs)
- Aluminum Cans - No steel cans
- Phone Books
The Recycling Center CANNOT accept the following:
- Household Trash
- Egg Cartons
- Light Bulbs
- Window Glass
- Drinking Glass
- Heat Resistant Ovenware
- Plastic Bags or
- Paper Bags