Senior Services Aging Program Administrator to Co-Chair Meals on Wheels State Conference
- Jamie Carlington, Senior Services Aging Program Administrator, will co-chair The Meals On Wheels Association of Georgia (MOWAG) 3rd annual conference. The two day event will take place October 22- 23 at the Cobb County Senior Wellness Center. The state of the art wellness center is located at 1150 Powder Springs Street, Marietta, Georgia. Download Press Release
Local Graduate Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Donates Fans to County Seniors
- Clayton County Senior Services was recently presented with fans from SJAC Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity. The Stockbridge-Jonesboro based organization has become a major supporter of Clayton County Senior Services over the years in helping to provide assistance to area seniors. In previous years not only has the chapter donated fans but they have also donated electric heaters to the seniors in the county.Download Press Release
FOX 5’s Karen Graham to Serve as Special Mayfest Host
Good Day Atlanta Co-Host will join thousands of seniors in celebration
of Older Americans Month
Jonesboro, GA - Emmy Award winning Good Day Atlanta co-host Karen Graham will join thousands of Clayton County and other Atlanta area seniors (55 and older) in Clayton County to help celebrate embracing a healthier lifestyle for older Americans. In recognition of Older Americans Month in May, Clayton County Senior Services Department will host its annual Mayfest celebration. The free, health and fitness event will take place on Friday, May 10, 2013, at the Clayton County International Park (The Beach) in Jonesboro, from 10 am until 2 pm.
Download Press Release
Click here for Senior Online Class Registration Page
The mission of the Senior Services Department is to enhance the quality of life for Clayton County's senior adult population by promoting healthy aging and relative caregiver programs. The focus is to enable seniors to maintain their independence in the community by addressing the human services and leisure activity needs. Services are provided at senior recreation facilities, inter-generational centers, at the clients' home, or over the telephone.
The Senior Services Department offers three senior recreation centers where active seniors can participate in health and wellness activities such as Yoga, Pilates, Water Aerobics, Billiards, Drama Clubs, Ceramics, Dancing Classes, Day and Overnight Trips, and a host of other activities offered daily.
- Frank Bailey Senior Center
6213 Riverdale Road, Riverdale, GA 30274
- Frank Bailey Fitness Center
6213 Riverdale Road, Riverdale, GA 30274
- J Charley Griswell Senior Center
2300 Highway 138 SE, Jonesboro, GA 30236 (Inside Clayton International Park)
Clayton County Residents - $12 a fiscal year (July - June)
Out-of-County Residents - $180 a fiscal year (July - June)
- Out-of-county fees can be paid annually, bi-annually ($90 twice a year), or monthly ($15 a month). Contact center for more information.
The Aging Division offers assistance to seniors needing personal care and information. Services include Transportation, Adult Day Health, Case Management, Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (Kinship Care Resource Center), In-home Services, Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels), Community Care, Information and Referral.
- Aging Program
877 Battle Creek Road, Jonesboro, GA 30236
- Clayton Senior Adult Center
6701 Highway 85, Riverdale, GA 30274
- Shelnutt Intergenerational Center/Kinship Care Resource Center
849 Battle Creek Road, Jonesboro, GA 30236
Clayton County's Centenarian Club
The Clayton County Centenarian Club is a program established and managed by the county's Senior Services Department to acknowledge one of the county's most vital resources, its senior adult residents. With the support of the Clayton County Board of Commissioners, those residents who are 100 years of age or older are honored by their area district commissioner and presented with a free, lifetime membership to any Clayton County Senior Center.
Read More about the Centenarian Club and Eligibility Requirements