Services provided by Refuse Control Include:
- Refuse Control cleans, cuts, and maintains over 725 miles of County roads.
- Refuse Control cleans, cuts, and maintains State roads that are located in the County.
- Refuse Control picks up dead animals on County and State right of ways.
- Refuse Control also picks up dead pets belonging to the citizens of Clayton County for a fee of $20.00.
- Refuse Control is responsible for cleaning up the Code Enforcement Abatements. This happens when someone is evicted from a residence or a vacant property needs to be maintained.
- Refuse Control picks up dumpings along the side of the road on County and State right of ways.
- Refuse Control cleans County and State roads.
- Refuse Control picks up illegally dumped tires on the County right of ways.
Refuse Control co-ordinates with the Department of Family and Children Services and with the Clayton County Prison on pauper burials. This service provides burial services for County residents who would not be able to afford a burial for their loved ones.
Refuse Control is also designated as a State Community Service Agency with community service worker hours recorded and reported to over 25 probation companies.
The Clayton County Corrections Department is dedicated to cost control while providing quality services to other departments within the county and our citizens.
Dumping trash on the side of the road, on public property or on someone’s private property without their consent is illegal and costs you, the taxpayer. If you see illegal dumping in progress please call 911 immediately and report the incident to the Clayton County Police Department.
Warden: Dennis Nelson
Deputy Warden: Randal Holsey
11420 S.L.R. Boulevard
Lovejoy, GA 30250
Phone: (770) 473-5777
Fax: (770) 473-5783
Phone: (770) 477-3548