State and Superior Court Permanent Process Servers
Permanent Process Servers are appointed on an annual basis. In order to be considered for appointment, petitioners must meet specific requirements for consideration. To become a permanent process server for State and Superior Court, the requesting party must submit a petition for appointment which attests that he or she meets all of the established requirements. Petitioners must also sign and return an official application for review and consideration by the Permanent Process Server Review Panel. In addition, all petitioners MUST submit a copy of a recent (within one year of the request) criminal history check for review.
2014 Permanent Process Server List (pdf)
Appointment review will begin each year on the first business day of October and end the last business day of November. Request for appointment must be received on or before the last business day of November for consideration and review for the following year.
(Example: Information must be submitted by November 29, 2013 to be considered for appointment for 2014).
Requirements for Appointment
- Must submit an application for review or renewal (Effective 10/2010)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must submit a recent criminal background check
- Must not have committed any domestic, serious misdemeanors or felony criminal offenses, and no more than two (2) DUI
- Must attest that he/she does not suffer from any debilitating mental or legal disability that would impede appointment. (Notarized Affidavit)
- Endorser must be of good character and/or in good standing with the Georgia Bar (Bar number required).
- Copy of completion of 12-hour training course; Copy of State Certification: (If renewing application, certificate should have been received back in June 2013)
Once the information is reviewed and a decision regarding appointment has been made, a letter will be forwarded to the petitioner's attention confirming his or her status as a Permanent Process Server. The designated appointment status will remain effective through December of the official year of appointment.
Superior and State Court Permanent Process Server Application (pdf)
Applications and other original documentation can be hand delivered or mailed to:
Attention: Permanent Process Server Review Panel
9151 Tara Blvd, Suite 3CA01
Jonesboro, Georgia 30236
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Court Administration at (770) 477-3414.
Court Administrator: Matthew Sorensen
Harold R. Banke Justice Center
9151 Tara Boulevard
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3415
Fax: (770) 478-2381
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:45 pm