Contact the Securus House at (770) 961-7233. They are Legal
Advocates for Victims of Domestic Violence. It is recommended that
you contact a Legal Advocate to ensure that you are in the RIGHT
place and meet the ELIGIBILITY requirements.
Legal Advocates can assist you in filling out the forms
properly,answering any questions concerning the TPO or court
proceedings, and taking pictures of the physical abuse. A legal
advocate will accompany you to court, explain the proceedings and
provide emotional support. Legal Advocates can also assist with
referrals for Legal Aid, counseling, attorney, support group, food,
Legal Advocates are NOT attorneys but are here to HELP.
You may apply for a TPO in the Magistrate Court office between
the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on
Monday - Friday (excluding county recognized holidays).
Helpful Resource Numbers
- Association on Battered Women of Clayton
County - (770) 961-7233
- Clayton County Sheriff's Department - (770)
- Clayton County Police Department emergency -
- Non emergency - (770) 477-3747
- Clayton County Legal Aid - (404) 669-0233
- Clayton County Magistrate Court - (770)
- Clayton County Child and Adult Protective
Services - (770) 603-4602
- Clayton County Department of Family and Children
Services - (770) 473-2300
- Child Support Recovery - (770) 473-2471
- United Way - 211
Clerk of Court: Jacquline D.
Harold R. Banke Justice Center
9151 Tara Boulevard,
Jonesboro, Georgia 30236-4914
Telephone (770) 477-3443